Following a disaster, it is anything but ‘business as usual’ for you, your employees and customers. The faster you can return your business to some level of normal operations, the quicker you can restore your income, jobs, and the goods and services you supply to your customers. However, research shows that up to 40% of businesses affected by a disaster may never reopen.
The time it takes for a business to return to something like normal operating levels depends on a number of key issues:
* Overall damage assessment – can you operate from your existing location and what inventory, supplies, equipment and other key assets are recoverable
* Your insurance coverage and how quickly your claim can be processed
* Any government assistance you can access
* Communication with employees, customers, suppliers, and creditors/investors
* An assessment of the business’s financial position
* Developing a plan to reopen your business
For additional information, you can contact us toll-free within Kentucky at 1-877-592-4946, or at a center near you.